Cost-effective interactive Sales Coaching
- Do members of your sales team get an uncomfortable feeling every time they meet a prospect (or an existing client) for a “sales” conversation?
- Do they struggle to get clients engaged and willing to move forward?
- Would they benefit from receiving specific guidance on personal actions they can take to win more new business?
Delivered using video conferencing, email and phone
We believe in sales coaching that’s connected to real-life sales challenges and new business opportunities. Importantly, we want to see changes applied by the participant in the workplace, which is where the real learning occurs. We use video conferencing, email and phone communication to provide a comprehensive and supportive development process.
Online sales coaching available Australia-wide
Contrary to what many people from technical or professional backgrounds believe, there is a science to selling. It’s not just a ‘wish and a prayer’. There is a structure that works to help sellers establish trust and rapport, while still obtaining the information they need to know from prospects.
This customised, individual sales coaching process is suitable for B2B sellers, advisers, consultants, professionals, technical specialists and others in a Business Development role who sell services or complex or bespoke products.
Ideally coaching participants will have some experience already selling to prospects. However it is understood they are probably struggling to gain commitment from prospects and turn them into paying clients.
A structured personal sales coaching program
This personal sales coaching program is ideal for technical staff, professionals and sellers in business-to-business Business Development roles who need specific help to address the way they handle sales discussions with clients.
The program includes:
- Pre-commencement interview (before the first session) to obtain background on the participant, their business, clients and sales situations.
- Pre-commencement preparation by the participant. Worksheets and guidance will be provided. This ensures we ‘hit the ground running’ during your first session. No wasting time when we could be moving forward.
- 6 x 60-min personal sales coaching sessions, usually held every 2 weeks (total duration 3 months) however we can discuss what might work best for your situation. Sessions are held during regular business hours.
- Unlimited email contact during and for 2 months after the 6-session program.
- Sales coaching handbook containing valuable reference material.
- Follow up series of practical training reminders and tips sent via email.
All sales coaching calls are conducted via video conferencing using the Zoom platform. If required, face-to-face sessions may be arranged for an additional fee depending upon location.
Topics we might cover…
This is a coaching program, not training, however from experience we find a ‘blended’ approach works best where particular topics are discussed in a training fashion. Some of the topics we may cover are listed below. Keep in mind what we cover is based on the sales situations and challenges faced by the participant, so the program content is naturally somewhat fluid.
- Identifying sales goals and personal goals
- Planning in a sales context
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
- Understanding resilience and how to bounce back from challenges
- Using the proven SOX™ question strategy to structure sales conversations
- Review of specific recent sales encounters with a focus on future improvement
- Setting and managing client expectations
- Conducting powerful sales conversations
- Options for responding to difficult clients and objections
- Understanding management priorities and requests (if relevant for your situation)
- Answering other questions that may arise
The national companies that engage Stuart Ayling to present the same techniques that are covered during coaching expect to get results… and they do! So we know the content of the program works to support the development of effective sales behaviors.
How much should you invest in a sales coaching program?
Lost sales opportunities can be worth thousands of dollars each. Especially when you consider the lifetime value of a new client. How many of your sales opportunities are being missed? And what is the cost to have someone on your team who is under performing?
In most cases only a few extra sales, and maybe just one more client, will easily recover the expenditure on this coaching program. That’s why it’s called an investment – you get a return!
The investment for a standard 6-session program is $3,200 per participant +GST
Please keep in mind the program is not restricted to only the scheduled sessions, it includes out-of-session contact and extra resources provided for the participant. We want them to succeed.
Delivered by an expert
The sales coaching program will be personally delivered by experienced sales trainer and coach, founder of Vectis, Stuart Ayling.
Would you like to explore how a personal sales coaching program could help someone on your team?