Running a micro-business or small business can be hard. Even though you love what you do (that’s why you’re doing it!) it’s common to reach a point where you want the business to grow. But what does that growth mean for you? And how do you make it happen?
The ‘Leverage’ program
That’s why this program has been developed. It’s called Leverage and it’s specifically for micro (sole owner) and small business owners (with 4 or less employees) who are ready to expand their business.
The program is structured over a 6-month period, and we cover particular aspects of your business development journey each month while leaving you enough time to get on with running the business.
The sequence of sessions is important and has been determined based on my years of experience working with clients across these areas.
- Clarify your audience – who are you selling to?
- Identify ‘why will they buy?’ problems and pain points
- Review/plan your personal and business goals
- Identify the best pricing for your services or products, including your cost base
- Look at your accounting system and make sure you’ve got the right solution and support
- Determine your position in the market from your clients perspective
- Identify the Features, Benefits and Value of your products or services (this is essential for communicating on your website or brochures, when attending networking events, and in sales conversations with prospects)
- Map your Sales Process and get your sales language right so you can convert more enquiries into paying clients
- Develop your lead generation plan (AKA marketing plan)
- We’ll figure out the most effective ways you can generate more leads and how you can put all the pieces together to make it happen
- Discussing advanced ways of using your digital presence including website, emails and social media as part of your marketing plan
- Sometimes you’ll need to delegate actions to someone else so you don’t get bogged down, here we look at what you can delegate and how you can delegate with confidence
- Review your goals and what you have achieved already, and revise what’s important for you now (and why), setting your future direction
- We’ll look at your operations, software, systems and team and identify the crucial next steps
- Create an action plan specifically for you, covering marketing, self-development, and developing your own resources or Intellectual Property (IP), so you can be successful into the future
How does the Leverage program work?
That’s a great question!
(1) 90-minute sessions each month (x 6)
As mentioned above there are 6 monthly sessions, with each session being up to 90-minutes. This gives us enough time to delve more deeply into the areas important for you.
(2) Calls are on Zoom and recorded
We’ll be using Zoom for these sessions so we can see each other face to face and share documents and our screens when needed. I’ll also be recording each session for you to listen to again so you don’t miss anything.
(3) Support for you between sessions
During each session we’ll explore the areas and tasks which will be your focus for the following month. And during the month you’re able to contact me via email at any time, or via phone/Zoom by appointment, to ask particular questions or get my viewpoint on something to enable you to keep working on it. There’s no need to stop your progress and wait until the next scheduled session!
(4) Tools, tips and templates provided
Unlike many business coaching services that are focused on asking you questions but not providing clear guidance, in the Leverage program you’ll be given specific templates, tools, and even training where required to help you take action with confidence. The Leverage approach combines the best of consulting, coaching and training methodologies. Sure you’ll be asked some questions, but the focus is on helping you take action and make real progress.
(5) Accountability and business wisdom
At the end of the day you’re running your business. You need to do the work to make things happen. The Leverage program will help you make greater progress while leveraging your knowledge and experience, and you’ll benefit from the wisdom shared during the program. Importantly you’ll be held accountable for taking action. This is important because as the owner of a micro or small business you’re the boss, and it’s easy to get “busy” and overlook tasks which should be done but aren’t as “urgent” as other day-to-day stuff that always comes up.
(6) Very affordable
The Leverage program is designed to help small business owners get to the next level. As such the program fee has been kept very low at only $750 +GST per month, with a commitment required for 6 months. This investment in your business is an extremely cost-effective way of getting a high level of individual support that will create the foundation for your ongoing success.