Available in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
This workshop is ideal for senior managers, team leaders, supervisors and front-line managers. It covers the causes of workplace conflict and provides clear guidance on how to respond to pre-empt, minimise or resolve conflict between team members in the workplace.
Customised to suit your situations
Importantly, the program is tailored to include a focus on particular areas of interest for each client, including the use of realistic case studies or conflict scenarios, identified during the customisation process undertaken by Vectis.
This program is delivered as an interactive session involving the participants in small group discussion, evaluation of scenarios, and conflict resolution simulations where suitable.
Training course topics
Sources of conflict
- 5 sources of conflict
- Understanding conflict in the workplace: potential situations; examining triggers/red flags; options for management action
Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- IQ vs EQ
- How to develop EQ
Sources of influence
- 12 sources of influence for managers
- Recognising what to do
- Barriers (to avoid)
- Encouragers (to use)
Understanding communication styles
- Why does it matter
- Managing differences
Responding to conflict
- Techniques to defuse hostility
- Strategies to maintain control over yourself
- Defusing emotions
- Applying conflict resolution skills to company-specific situations. This can include reference to existing internal grievance handling processes the company has already developed
Other topics may be incorporated into a Managing Workplace Conflict program, such as topics included in our management training course.
Would you like to discuss this further?
All our training programs are customised to cater for the needs of each clients team and particular workplace challenges. Contact us to discuss how we can help you create positive change in the workplace.