Inhouse sales training teaching proven methods to win more new business, more consistently.
Learn highly effective selling systems that give your professional team or technical specialists modern business-to-business selling skills.
- Every sales training course is customized and designed to work for your team, in your industry.
- Proven effective for hundreds of delegates.
- Fully supported before, during and after the training program.
Due to the unique customized nature of these training programs are exclusively delivered to in-house groups for a minimum of 10 participants. For international clients training program duration is usually from 2 to 5 days.
Your Training Professional: Mr Stuart Ayling
Stuart Ayling BBus, GCM is Director of Vectis. He is a professional and experienced sales trainer who can understand your sales process and business development situation and introduce appropriate solutions.
Previously he has been engaged by Gulf Investment Corporation (Kuwait) for professional selling skills training, and as a keynote speaker at the Middle East Sales and Marketing Conference (Dubai).
He has also facilitated training workshops in Malaysia and Indonesia.
For over 20 years he held sales and marketing management positions across a variety of industry sectors including industrial products, petroleum retailing, jewellery, and pharmaceutical wholesaling. Stuart founded his own training and consulting agency in 1999 and holds a Bachelor of Business degree in Marketing (1989), as well as a Graduate Certificate of Management in International Business (2003).
In addition to his extensive hands-on industry experience Stuart has also taught sales and marketing at the internationally accredited University of Queensland Business School.
Discover the professional way to win new business
Many professionals and technical specialists struggle with the idea of having to sell; because that’s not what they have been trained for. Often their sales activities are called other names such as ” business development” or “marketing”. But make no mistake… without the ability to utilize modern professional selling skills your team and your business will be missing out on winning new business.
It’s unfortunate most professionals and technical specialists think ‘selling’ means you have to be pushy, manipulative and insincere.
But no more. That’s old thinking!
Over the last 5 years or so, a lot has changed. Clients now have access to more data, and they get it earlier in their decision cycle. They no longer wait on suppliers for information. They expect sellers to be more professional, more helpful, and more proactive.
Does your team need to do more to explore and win new sales opportunities?
Professional selling is based on asking questions and providing insights.
Sounds simple doesn’t it. Just ask questions.
However knowing which questions to ask, and asking them in the most productive manner is an art form. It is a skill developed with practice. Clients expect sellers to ask questions, but most sellers never take the time to develop an effective question strategy or to practice how they are asked.
In fact many professionals and technical specialists have been trained to be the expert. They expect to quickly identify the problem and tell their client what should be done. But they are not comfortable:
- Slowing the conversation down
- Asking questions
- Listening, and
- Probing for a broader understanding of their clients situation and to uncover additional requirements.
Planning for High Impact Training
Extensive consultation and pre-training planning with your managers and staff will ensure your in-company sales training program is a success.
Planning for your training will include:
- Initial discussions via telephone to identify your objectives, company goals, and your desired outcomes for the training.
- Review of sales material from your company.
- Review of Position Descriptions for your sales team (if available).
- Frequent communication via email to request specific information and data on the operation of the sales team within your organization.
- Input from participants via a web-based form to collect their viewpoints.
- Development of a customized training reference manual.
- Development of customized presentation material, including PowerPoint slides.
- Development of specific scenario’s and cases relevant for your company that will be used for discussion and simulations during the training.
- Identifying suitable follow-up processes, activities, support, and management actions to maximize the transfer of learning from the workshop to the work place.
Below: Stuart Ayling begins ‘Maximizing the Impact of Sales Training’ session in Dubai 2014 at the Middle East Sales and Marketing Conference.
Contact Stuart Ayling
Stuart travels from in Brisbane, Australia, and workshops are presented in English.
Click here to see more information about Stuart speaking at conferences or contact us to discuss the requirements for your organization.