The Capacity phase of the Business Success Ecosystem is all about ensuring you have the best operational plan, systems and processes, and accountability baked into the organisation so the business can cope with the extra scale, or volume of business you want to achieve.
During the Growth Plan phase higher-level priorities were set to create a strategic direction. Now, the activities we undertake during the Capacity phase are focused on specific operational areas and creating practical action plans based on the priorities needed for your business, to achieve your goals.
For example, we’ll look at:
- The sales value plan – including total sales, sales by territory or rep, or sales by industry sector, as well as seasonalised sales forecasts that more accurately reflect the flow of actual sales.
- The sales activity plan – addressing the sales process, conversion rates, and the specific activities needed to win new business.
- The finance plan – ensuring a clear understanding of impact on Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for the business. Your accountant, or accounting software, will be helpful for this phase.
- The human resources plan – creating systems for recruitment and onboarding, performance review processes (including training for managers if needed), and employee engagement activities.
- The information technology plan – defining the relevant software, hardware, and computer network system needed.
- The accountability plan – creating relevant reporting structures (written and verbal), meeting formats and position descriptions.
- … and more such as an Innovation Plan, Marketing Plan etc
Customised and prioritised planning
While these plans are all custom-developed to suit the goals and requirements for each business, we know that successful companies will address all the areas over time. That’s why the ‘ecosystem’ thinking is important, because leaving some components unaddressed will create a weak point in your business operations and will cause friction within the organisation, ultimately impacting business growth.
Continue reading to discover how we work to improve the Capability of your team.
Take the next step
We offer a complimentary, obligation-free, initial consultation to explore your future options and assess if we’re a good fit to work together.